- As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Date
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
- We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
b) verifying your identity;
c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
d) managing your relationship with us;
e) processing payment or credit transactions;
f) sending your marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, promotions, membership programme, and other promotions;
g) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
h) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
i) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
- We may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you.
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
Withdrawing your Consent
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to us.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email.
- We may make a reasonable charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
Protection of Personal Data
- We strive to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Unfortunately, no internet-based service is completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Accuracy of Personal Data
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing us in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
Retention of Personal Data
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Transfers of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
- We also collect certain non-personal data when you visit and use our websites. Such data is entirely anonymous and is aggregated for statistical analysis (“Aggregate Information”).
- We use “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track Aggregate Information about you when you visit our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profile of users and their preferred websites.
- Like many website operators, we may use an independent company (“Google Analytics”) to measure and analyse the Internet usage across our websites. Pages on our websites may be coded with software which enables them to track visitors to our websites. We use Google Analytics services to collect core information on the usage of our websites, including the following:
a) The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our websites;
b) The number of unique visitors to our websites;
c) How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on our websites when they do visit; and
d) Common entry and exit points into our websites
- This Aggregate Information is collated by Google Analytics and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of our websites. This is so that we can improve the content and navigability of our websites as well as our services and facilities.
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can, however, modify your browser settings to disable cookies. If you choose to do so, some of the functionality of our websites may be impaired.
- We use the cookies of third party social networking platforms and websites to enable you to interact with these platforms and websites to share information about our websites through them (e.g. through “Like” or “Share” buttons or through comment boxes, etc.). The social networking platforms in question will have access and use the information in these cookies for their own purposes and we invite you to consult their respective privacy and cookie policies.
- You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures.
Changes to Notice