Join Our Basic Leather Crafting Class
We want you to start your leather crafting journey with us. Learn the fundamentals of leather crafting by creating one of our basic leather projects. Our basic leather crafting workshops aims to equip you with the basic techniques for you to independently create simple projects (e.g. leather cardholder, lanyard, pouches etc.) on your own thereafter.
If you like to continue learning more about leather making after the basic leather crafting workshop, we are here for you. Take on an advanced leather crafting workshop, continue to have access to the tools and machine in our studio (small fee applies) and purchase leathers, hardwares and tools from us at a discounted rate.
11 Kallang Place #05-06
Mobile: +65 8893 9511
- No pre-requisite skills needed
- Selection of premium leather choices, fittings and thread
- All tools and materials provided
- Suitable for children above 10 years old.
What To Expect
1. Basic Theory
You will be given a brief introduction to the following:
- Types, quality and characteristics of different leather
- Basic leather care and maintainence
- Overview of leather crafting tools and techniques
- With guidance from our experienced leather artisan, you will learn the basic techniques of leather crafting including cutting, installing buttons, burnishing edges, punching stitching holes and stitching with the traditional saddle-stitching technique (techniques vary according to the type of basic project chosen)
- Personalisation of final product – choose either manual embossing or hot foil stamping.
3. Studio Tour
- Our leather artisan will show you around our studio giving you a sneak peak into the processes in creating Hides and Thread’s products.
- Learn more about the different types of leather and get the opportunity to touch exotic leathers such as a hornback crocodile, python skin etc.
Our Basic Leather Projects
SGD $60.00 Select options
SGD $120.00 Select options
SGD $120.00 Add to cart